Alabama Real Estate Law Conference - Materials Only
Held in Hoover on Friday, November 1, 2019
The Alabama Real Estate Law Conference Materials packs one day with leading authorities delivering critical law practice guidance on the hottest topics and some of the most complex issues Alabama attorneys who practice real estate law will face.
Topics presented include:
- The mechanics of commercial real estate financing (including key regulatory issues, loan commitment and loan closing due diligence, and preparing legal opinions)
- Negotiating the best possible loan modification for your client
- Drafting documents to cure defects, preparing for the closing date
- Issues that arise in title litigation
- Overview of landlord-tenant law
- Ethical considerations
- And more!
Friday, November 1, 2019
8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Proper Closing Procedures
Mary Stewart Nelson Thompson
Fish Nelson & Holden, LLC
- The Role and Duties of the Settlement Agent
- Resolving Last Minute Issues at the Closing Table
- Document Signing & Obtaining Identification
- Originals or Copies?
- Preparing the Documents for Recording
- Receipt and Handling of Funds from all Parties
- Deposits, Disbursements and Holdbacks
- Reconciling Funds Received on the Settlement Statement
- Avoiding Liability Pitfalls
9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
The Law Offices of Kyle D. Pierce
10:50 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
Sarah Taggart, P.C.
12:20 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
2:35 p.m. to 3:35 p.m.
Mechanics of Commercial Real Estate Closing
Virginia S. Boliek
Dominick, Feld, Hyde, P.C.
- Preparing & Reviewing Loan Documents
- Recourse vs Non-Recourse Guaranties
- Title & Survey Review
- Other Due Diligence Review
- Closing & Post-Closing Procedures
3:35p.m. to 3:50 p.m.
3:50 p.m. to 4:50 p.m.
Engel, Hairston & Johanson, P.C.