- Fast, convenient learning without any out-of-office time lost;
- No travel-related expenses or complications;
- The perfect affordable way to update yourself rapidly on current laws.
Special Needs Trusts in Alabama: Avoid Malpractice and be a Hero to Your Clients - On-Demand
Webinar is now available on-demand. NOTE: On-Demand webinars are not eligible for CLE credit.
Does your practice involve personal injury, family law, estate planning, elder law, disability law, probate, or conservatorships? Do you serve as a guardian ad litem or have practice issues that involve a disabled individual?
Special needs trusts can significantly contribute to the quality of life of a disabled individual, and as such should always be considered:
- When a disabled person receives a legal settlement, inheritance, or gifts
- For holding a disabled individual's assets so they can qualify for government benefits
- In divorces, to hold the disabled individual’s share of the property division
- To hold child support payments for a disabled child
- To hold the “spend-down” required before Medicaid eligibility is awarded in a Medicaid case
- For grandparents, parents, or anyone wishing to give gifts or leave an inheritance for a disabled individual
Use this on-demand webinar to review the procedural best-practices when setting up and managing special needs trusts in Alabama. In just one hour, you'll get up to speed on:
- How to identify situations and issues when you should mention a special needs trust to your client or to the court
- First party special needs trusts
- Under age 65 trust
- Pooled trust
- Qualified Income Trust allowed by Alabama Medicaid
- Third party special needs trust
- Various requirements for each type of special needs trust
- General "dos and don'ts"
Order this advice-rich On-Demand webinar risk free.
Special Needs Trusts in Alabama: Avoid Malpractice and be a Hero to Your Clients — is just $107.
You risk nothing by ordering, because we will refund every penny, no questions asked, if you are in any way dissatisfied with this On-Demand webinar.
Because this is an on-demand webinar you enjoy:
About Your Presenter:
Alabama attorney Melanie B. Bradford is a partner with Bradford & Holliman, LLC. Her practice focuses on Estate Planning, Long Term Care Planning, Asset Protection (including trust planning and business entities), Medicaid Planning & Appeals (asset protection, preparing and submitting the Medicaid application, appeals), Retirement Stretch-Out Trusts, Special Needs Trusts, Estate and Gift Tax Planning, Probate matters, and Business Law regarding: Limited Liability Companies, Corporations, Non-Profit Corporations, and Partnerships.
She is Executive Director for Alabama Family Trust, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) special needs trust serving children and adults with disabilities. She served as President of the Elder Law Section of the Alabama State Bar in 2010-11.