- Fast, convenient learning without any out-of-office time lost;
- No travel-related expenses or complications;
- The perfect affordable way to update yourself rapidly on current laws.
Federal Trade Secrets Act:
Your Weapon of Choice in Intellectual Property Cases? - On-Demand
Webinar is now available on-demand.
WEBINAR SNAPSHOT: Learn how to use the Defend Trade Secrets Act to help clients protect valuable assets.
Do you have clients with valuable trade secrets? Are you taking advantage of all the latest tools at your disposal to help them protect those assets?
Many businesses count trade secrets among their most important intellectual property. The Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA), enacted in 2016, extends the current Economic Espionage Act of 1996, which criminalizes certain trade secret misappropriations, to allow civil lawsuits. This gives trade secret owners a new and powerful option to bring trade secret lawsuits using federal law, whereas before only state law authorized their lawsuits.
Other provisions of the DTSA include:
- A whistleblower clause that provides immunity for disclosure of trade secrets to government officials for the sole purpose of reporting violations of the law.
- A provision for ex parte orders providing for the seizure of property necessary to prevent the propagation or dissemination of the trade secret.
- Special procedures for handling seized material, including the use of a special master to locate and isolate the seized material and the potential use of encryption to secure the seized material
Learn more with this quick and valuable on-demand webinar on the Defend Trade Secrets Act. Your presenter will explain how to take advantage of the provisions in the law and deliver a superior client outcome.
- Importance of DTSA
- Key provisions
- European harmonization
- Situations and solutions
- Questions and answers
Order this advice-rich On-Demand Webinar risk free.
Federal Trade Secrets Act:
Your Weapon of Choice in Intellectual Property Cases? — is just $99.
You risk nothing by ordering, because we will refund every penny, no questions asked, if you are in any way dissatisfied with this On-Demand Webinar.
Because this is an on-demand webinar you enjoy:
About Your Presenter:
David Lucas, partner at the Huntsville office of Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP, provides legal strategy for technology and business. He applies legal, technological and operational experience to craft strategic advice on a variety of intellectual property, international trade, and complex litigation matters. Mr. Lucas accumulated much of his experience as general counsel for Intergraph Corporation, an international technology company. In recent years, he expanded his experience into the burgeoning biotech industry as general counsel for a clinical laboratory software company and as a member of the HudsonAlpha Foundation Board. Mr. Lucas is also a contributing author to various legal publications, and presenter for the American Bar Association, American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association, Alabama State Bar, American Legal Media, Federal Bar Association, Federal Circuit Bar Association and the University of the Alabama School of Law. For over two decades, Mr. Lucas has utilized his experience and legal acumen to advise CEOs, COOs and boards of directors (public and private) on an array of legal, compliance and operational issues.