Your 100% satisfaction is guaranteed. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, simply let us know within 90 days, and we will issue you a complete refund.
Tennessee Employment Law: Trends, Recent Cases, and New Laws - on CD
Keeping up with the latest developments in employment law is critical for both employers and attorneys. Get caught up before 2013 so you can start off the new year on the right foot.
Consider these recent rulings and regulations:
- Threats by an employee to go to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission without making a claim of discrimination are not sufficient to establish protected activity.
- A salary structure under which pay raises are generally lower for older, more experienced workers is not unlawfully motivated by age.
- A schedule change to allow an employee to commute during lighter traffic is not a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Amendments to the unemployment law set forth in the Unemployment Insurance Accountability Act took effect September 1, 2012.
With new trends emerging and old issues being revisited, it's a must for you to get up to date on new cases and laws that will impact your organization or practice in 2013.
Recent case law developments:
- Essentials for proving a retaliation case
- Age discrimination in the context of salary structures
- Accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Wrongful discharge claim for refusing to violate a law
Recent legislative changes to Tennessee unemployment law:
- Diligent job-seeking required
- Workplace misconduct standards clarified
- Severance payments have an impact
- Seasonal workers
- Contracts and conditions of licensure
Order now, and get up to date on hot topics in Tennessee employment law.
About your presenters:
Attorney David L. Johnson is with the Nashville law firm Butler Snow. Mr. Johnson's areas of emphasis include Business and General Litigation, Employment Litigation, Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Litigation, and Appellate. He is a 1997 graduate of Vanderbilt University.
Attorney H. Rowan Leathers III is with the Nashville law firm Butler Snow. Mr. Leathers' areas of emphasis include, Labor and Employment Law, Financial Services, Employment Litigation. He is a 1982 graduate of Emory University.