Tennessee Landlord and Tenant Law: Evictions, Court, and Litigation - On-Demand
Landlord-tenant relationships don’t always end amicably, so it becomes necessary to evict the tenant.
This year, the legislature passed an act to permit a landlord, in any county not governed by the Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act, to provide three days’ notice of termination of tenancy for evictions of certain residential tenants if the tenant commits a violent act, engages in drug-related criminal activity, or behaves in a manner that threatens the health, safety, or welfare of the life or property of other tenants, the landlord, the landlord’s representatives, or other persons on the premises.
Whether representing the landlord or the tenant, it is crucial to understand the process, applicable defenses and counterclaims, and settlement and post-judgment issues. Participate in this on-demand webinar. Presenter Lisa K. Helton will walk you through the process, from initiating eviction proceedings to obtaining a judgment or negotiating a settlement.
- The summary proceeding
- Jurisdiction of the court
- Notice of petition
- Judgment and warrant
- Appellate rights and remedies
- Answer, defense, and counterclaims
- Answer or motion to dismiss
- Constructive eviction
- Case studies and current trends in litigating disputes
- Settlement and post-judgment issues
- Drafting the settlement stipulation
- Stay of judgment of possession
- When is a judgment final?
Order this advice-rich webinar on-demand risk free.
Tennessee Landlord and Tenant Law: Evictions, Court, and Litigation — is just $107.
You risk nothing by ordering, because we will refund every penny, no questions asked, if you are in any way dissatisfied with this On-Demand webinar.
Because this is an on-demand webinar you enjoy:
- Fast, convenient learning without any out-of-office time lost;
- No travel-related expenses or complications;
- The perfect affordable way to update yourself rapidly on current laws.
If you ordered an on-demand webinar, your access instructions with link to download all materials will be sent to you via email within 24 hours of the program airing. Please add Custserv@blr.com to your safe sender list to ensure delivery.