- Fast, convenient learning without any out-of-office time lost;
- No travel-related expenses or complications;
- The perfect affordable way to update yourself rapidly on current laws.
Whistleblowing in Tennessee: Update on Retaliatory Discharge and the TPPA - On-Demand
Webinar is now available on-demand. NOTE: On-Demand webinars are not eligible for CLE credit.
Does your law practice involve retaliatory discharge suits? Are you completely comfortable applying the latest Tennessee Public Protection Act changes to your client counsel decisions and case management strategy?
The TPPA, commonly known as the whistleblower statute, prohibits employers from terminating employees for refusing to participate in or remain silent about illegal activities. Many issues arise in a TPPA action, such as whether or not the employee’s activities are protected, and if so, are they the “exclusive” reason for the termination.
Use this fast-paced on-demand webinar on the TPPA, including how the courts interpret and apply it. Your presenters, two seasoned employment law attorneys, will also explain the aftermath of the 2014 changes that eliminated a cause of action for retaliatory discharge and capped damages.
In addition to updating you on essential principles for all attorneys who deal with retaliatory discharge suits, they will explain recent court decisions addressing retaliatory discharge actions.
- A review/study of whistleblowing activities that Tennessee courts have recognized as advancing important public policy interests
- The aftermath of the Tennessee General Assembly's 2014 legislative enactment restricting retaliatory discharge causes of action
- An overview of recent Tennessee court decisions addressing retaliatory discharge actions
Order this advice-rich On-Demand webinar risk free.
Whistleblowing in Tennessee: Update on Retaliatory Discharge and the TPPA — is just $107.
You risk nothing by ordering, because we will refund every penny, no questions asked, if you are in any way dissatisfied with this On-Demand webinar.
Because this is an on-demand webinar you enjoy:
About Your Presenter:
David Johnson is a member of Butler Snow’s Labor and Employment Group and Intellectual Property Group in Nashville. He focuses on business litigation, employment litigation, non-compete and trade secret matters, appellate issues, and intellectual property litigation.
April Knox is a member of the Labor and Employment and Commercial Litigation Practice Groups at Butler Snow in Nashville. She focuses on employment litigation, employment compliance, and counseling and training.