- Fast, convenient learning without any out-of-office time lost;
- No travel-related expenses or complications;
- The perfect affordable way to update yourself rapidly on current laws.
2017 Tennessee Alimony Update:
New Scenarios, Combinations, and Awards - On-Demand
Webinar now available On-Demand.
WEBINAR SNAPSHOT: Learn how recent Tennessee appeals court decisions change how you should advise clients involved in alimony disputes.
In Tennessee, it’s not just a question of whether a spouse should get alimony and how much. It’s what types of alimony should be awarded — in futuro, rehabilitative, transitional, or in solido — or a combination of different types.
Use this on-demand webinar for an informative look at the latest cases and decisions that affect your client counsel decisions. In just one hour, you'll get up to speed on recent significant appellate court rulings:
- Trial court erred in stating that "most important factor" to be considered in deciding whether or not to award wife alimony is husband's ability to pay. What should be the threshold determining consideration, and what shapes the type and amount?
- When two adult children are cohabitating with the wife, was that enough to trigger the rebuttable presumption for cohabitation with a third party, and, if so, should there be a suspension of all or part of husband's alimony obligation?
- What evidence supported a trial court's award to wife of $6,000 per month for three years in rehabilitative alimony when wife has bachelor's degree and real estate license? How does her time out of the workforce come into play?
If your law practice involves alimony, you won't want to miss this fast-paced update on the newest cases and how they impact the advice you provide.
- Determining type of alimony to be awarded
- Calculating amount and duration of alimony
- Actual earnings vs. earning capacity
- Termination or reduction of alimony
- Suspension of alimony when recipient is living with third party
Order this advice-rich On-Demand Webinar risk free.
2017 Tennessee Alimony Update: New Scenarios, Combinations, and Awards — is just $107.
You risk nothing by ordering, because we will refund every penny, no questions asked, if you are in any way dissatisfied with this On-Demand Webinar.
Because this is an on-demand webinar you enjoy:
About Your Presenter:
Stites & Harbison, PLLC
Brent Lankford is a family law attorney in the Nashville office of Stites & Harbison, PLLC. Mr. Lankford practices primarily in the field of domestic relations, assisting clients with divorce and post-divorce matters, including issues of child custody, child support, alimony, and financial and property disputes. Prior to going into private practice, he served as the judicial clerk to the judges of the 21st Judicial District of Tennessee, which includes Williamson, Hickman, Perry, and Lewis counties.
Mr. Lankford was named a Rising Star in 2015 and 2016 by Mid-South Super Lawyers®. He is a member of the Harry Phillips American Inns of Court and the Nashville Bar Association.