- Fast, convenient learning without any out-of-office time lost;
- No travel-related expenses or complications;
- The perfect affordable way to update yourself rapidly on current laws.
Jury Selection: The Art of Asking the Right Questions - On-Demand
Webinar is now available on-demand. NOTE: On-Demand webinars are not eligible for CLE credit.
WEBINAR SNAPSHOT: Learn the essential questions to ask when conducting voir dire.
Have a trial coming up? You can find a list of sample voir dire questions with a click of a mouse. But what really makes them effective? What do you need to accomplish during voir dire? And how can you use it to gain an advantage over your opponent?
Voir dire is your first chance to make an impression on jurors, establish credibility, and build trust. It’s the only time you will directly talk with them. With advance preparation and some strategic questions, you’ll uncover attitudes, biases, and values that may impact the case.
Use this informative one-hour on-demand update on the best way to select jurors. The presenter, a seasoned trial attorney, will provide you with tips for conducting effective individual and group interviews so that you can, for example, get the jurors talking and prepare them for delicate aspects of your case.
- Establishing your credibility and building trust
- Getting to know prospective jurors
- Personality types to watch for and use to your advantage
- Reading the non-verbals
- How to conduct an effective group interview
- Standard questions to always ask
- Practical tips for question construction
- Getting the jurors talking
- Simple ways of keeping track of which juror said what
- Preparing jurors for delicate/unpleasant aspects of the case
- Getting truthful answers to tough questions
- How to ask questions when a positive answer may "poison" the entire panel
- When to ask follow-up questions in chambers
- Uncovering biases that will sink your case
- How and when to object to opposing counsel's questions
- What NOT to do in voir dire
Learn the essential questions to ask when conducting voir dire.
Order this advice-rich On-Demand Webinar risk free.
Jury Selection: The Art of Asking the Right Questions — is just $99.
You risk nothing by ordering, because we will refund every penny, no questions asked, if you are in any way dissatisfied with this On-Demand Webinar.
Because this is an on-demand webinar you enjoy:
About Your Presenter:
D. Scott Hurley is the principal shareholder in The Hurley Law Firm, P.C., in Knoxville, Tennessee. His practice focuses on civil litigation, including catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, commercial and probate litigation. Mr. Hurley has been a frequent speaker on evidence, expert testimony, direct and cross examination techniques, witness preparation, jury selection and damages in personal injury and wrongful death cases. He earned his B.A. degree from Lincoln Memorial University and his J.D. degree from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. Mr. Hurley is a member of the Knoxville Bar Association and is a member of the Judicial Committee. He is also a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, the Tennessee Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice, and the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is a fellow with the Litigation Council of America.