Establishing Tax-Exempt Status with the IRS
Live Webinar: Thursday, November 08, 2018
2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Central / 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern
WEBINAR SNAPSHOT: Trying to obtain a 501(C)(3) for an organization you represent? Join this webinar to learn how to establish a tax-exempt status with the IRS.
If you represent a tax-exempt organization, you want to be sure that you have a solid understanding of the standards required. It’s important that you can easily spot errors in their tax form and that you are competent to guide them through this important process to ensure their filing is correct and compliant.
During this informative webinar, you will be taken through an in-depth discussion of the process required to help charitable organizations receive tax exempt status. Our expert presenter will cover the differences in a non-profit and a tax-exempt organization in addition to detailing the application process for obtaining a 501(C)(3). Use this webinar to make sure you have all the information and tools available to you to confidently advise your clients!
Join us for this one-hour webinar covering:
- Nonprofit Vs. Tax-Exempt
- Determining The Type of Tax
- Exempt Organization Under the Internal Revenue Code (IRC)
- 501(C)(3): Publicly Supported or Private Foundation?
- IRS Application Process for 501(C)(3) - Form 1023
- The Importance of The Narrative Description of Activities
- Submitting The Budget: What You Need to Know
- Other Traps for The Unwary
- Retroactive Applications for Existing Organizations
- IRS Application Process for Other 501(C) Categories That Qualify for Exemption
- Required Annual Or Periodic Federal/State/Local Filings
About Your Presenter:
William Chad Roberts is an attorney with Harris Shelton Hanover Walsh, PLLC, where he concentrates his practice in the areas of taxation, estate planning, and business planning. He is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association. Mr. Roberts earned his B.A. degree from Freed-Hardeman University, his J.D. degree from the University of Memphis, and his LL.M. degree from the University of Florida.