- Fast, convenient learning without any out-of-office time lost;
- No travel-related expenses or complications;
- The perfect affordable way to update yourself rapidly on current laws.
Attorneys' 2016 Employment Law Update: Latest from the Tennessee Legislature and Courts - On-Demand
Webinar is now available on-demand. NOTE: On-Demand webinars are not eligible for CLE credit.
Does your practice involve employment law? Are you fully aware of the very latest developments emerging from the Tennessee General Assembly and state courts that affect your client counsel decisions?
- During this session, the legislature expanded the e-verify system – making it mandatory and applicable to employers with 50 or more employees. The act also provides for fines if an employer knowingly disregards the requirements.
- The Tennessee Supreme Court recently held that a job applicant does not have a cause of action under the Workers’ Compensation Law against a prospective employer for failure to hire if the employer refused to hire because that applicant had filed, or is likely to file, a claim against a previous employer.
And that's not all. The legislature continues to wrestle with issues such as guns in the workplace and the hiring of illegal immigrants. And courts continue to address “whistleblower” and discrimination laws.
Join your colleagues for a 60-minute on-demand webinar on the very latest Tennessee employment law developments. You'll gain valuable practice guidance related to:
- The Tennessee legislature’s expansion of E-Verify
- The balance between religious freedom protection and LGBT protections
- New “Ban the Box” bill
- Status of guns in the workplace
- Recent case law impacting the workplace
Order this advice-rich On-Demand webinar risk free.
Attorneys' 2016 Employment Law Update: Latest from the Tennessee Legislature and Courts — is just $107.
You risk nothing by ordering, because we will refund every penny, no questions asked, if you are in any way dissatisfied with this On-Demand webinar.
Because this is an on-demand webinar you enjoy:
If you ordered an on-demand webinar, your access instructions with link to download all materials will be sent to you via email within 24 hours of the program airing. Please add Custserv@blr.com to your safe sender list to ensure delivery.
About Your Presenters:
David L. Johnson
David L. Johnson practices in the Nashville office of Butler Snow. He has extensive experience in the litigation of disputes at the trial and appellate levels. His areas of expertise include employment and business litigation, and he represents clients in many industry sectors, such as healthcare and construction.
He has considerable experience in non-compete/trade secret litigation, and has written multiple articles on the subject, as well as spoken at several conferences. His areas of emphasis include: Business Litigation, Employment Litigation, Non-Compete and Trade Secret Litigation, Employment Compliance, Counseling and Training, Appellate, and Intellectual Property Litigation.
Brent E. Siler
Brent E. Siler practices in the Memphis office of Butler Snow. He represents and defends clients in all areas of employment litigation, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation lawsuits, whistleblower, wage and hour, ERISA, defamation, and workers’ compensation matters.